- 27 million INNOCENT women and children are enslaved worldwide
- 50% are CHILDREN and 70% are female
- 1.2 million children are trafficked for SEX
- 13.5 million children as young as FIVE are forced into slavery
- 200,000 AMERICAN children at risk
We believe that there are four different quadrants that an anti-trafficking community must work together to address the issues of human trafficking: Awareness, Prevention, Rescue and Rehabilitation. We call this model of the four quadrants the Community Action Model (CAM).The CAM is a way to strategically community source efforts to avoid duplication, assess strengths of the community, and determine unmet needs. We believe that we have to meet the needs of ONE child at a time.
RTS Cross-Country Tours seek to raise awareness and engage communities to take action against domestic sex trafficking of children in the United States through social media, creative arts, and public speaking.Through cross country tours, RTS can strategically implement micro-rehabilitation (see below) as well as teach prevention strategies in schools, churches, and within coalitions.
How to get involved? Apply for the road crew by filling out an application. If selected for the road you will need to raise support to cover food, gas, and lodging costs.
- MACS (Musicians Against Child Slavery) Program: MACS offers musicians the opportunity to use their platform as a tool for raising awareness, inspiring action, and fundraising for rehabilitation efforts. Through musicians, Redeem the Shadows has the potential to reach and engage thousands of potential abolitionists.
Musicians are provided with a media kit that encourages them to:
- Write music that raises awareness
- Wear RTS merchandise on stage
- Promote Redeem the Shadows @ booths
- Tweet hast tag #2011
- Encourage audience to check out website
- Donate through text
- Muscians sign up @ email@example.com
Redemption Day 2011: Redemption Day 11.11.11. allows communities to fight back against modern day slavery by harnessing the power of social media and collective noise using social networking sites such as twitter, facebook, myspace, and youtube. google+ Through flash mobs, demonstrations, art, school rallies, and petitions, the Redemption Day movement will attract global media attention to further raise awareness for the issue. Redemption Day 2011 will set the standard for global collaboration between anti-trafficking organizations and abolitionists.